What a pencil can teach?
Today in our English class our teacher told us that we need to speak on what goes in a mind of any non-living thing.
Each child spoke on big, and enormous and lovely things.
I chose to speak about the life of a pencil.
You all want to hear?
Let the pencil only tell his story to y'all-
'' Sometimes I don't know what is right
Sometimes I don't know what is wrong
Sometimes I don't know what to write
Sometimes I don't know how to express
Sometimes I become useless
Sometimes there seems to be nothing more useful than me.
I know mistakes our part of life and that is why pencils have, yes you guessed right.. Erasers.
To be frank,eraser used to be my best friend earlier, but as days passed I came to an understanding that I seem to have never realized before.
Why do I use an eraser? To erase my mistakes, to hid the wrong things I have done? But why? Why do I want to hide my mistakes? Was I wrong that I made a mistake? Is it possible for someone to not make mistake throughout his life?
No, right?
Then why is it wrong when I make one?
That day I realized that I no more want to erase my mistakes. I want to improve them. I want to be better, I want to learn from my mistakes.
I changed my priorities that day, I changed my best friend.
Introducing you to my best friend, 'Sharpener'. Sometimes I break down into two. It seems that there is nothing left in my life. It's just useless to live. At that time he, my friend, my sharpener, he helps me to sharpen myself. It doesn't erase the wrong things I have done, instead he helps me improve myself so that I don't repeat it.
But, but I didn't break my friendship with the eraser. You know why? Cause eraser also helped me in a way. Erasers allow us to correct mistakes, teaching that mistakes are correctable.
Eraser was not wrong, it was me who was wrong .
Cause I prioritized eraser over sharpener. With this I prioritized hiding mistakes over correcting them.
Eraser helps and gives you a second chance to correct yourself, but then this doesn't means that you go on repeating the same mistake everytime. Improve it with a sharpener.
Towards the end, I conclude that I feel happier nowadays. I no more carry the guilt of committing a mistake and then hiding it. Instead I feel immense pleasure to tell that I am improving day by day.
And it seems that's why adults prefer me more than a pen and soon I'll find a place in the heart of children also.
Loved your write up, as alwaysπ
ReplyDeletePleasure π
DeleteAmazingly written Anjika...keep up the good work!!!
ReplyDeleteWow..love it ..it's soo good as always ππ
ReplyDeleteThanks π
DeleteWow Anjika, you have done a great job, you to me seem very experienced at such a young age, than some grown ups I know. ππ»ππ»ππ»
ReplyDeleteLoved to hear that.. Thanks Shwetambari!
DeleteAmazing Anjika! You always have unique ideas. Love it ❤
ReplyDeleteKeep it upππ
ReplyDeleteLOVED IT ANJIKA!ππ
ReplyDeleteGlad! π
DeleteYour symbolism is ponderable! Well done
ReplyDeleteNever expected such good articles from youπ..
ReplyDeleteHaha.. You are complimenting or...? π
DeleteWonderful thoughts Anjika !! ππππππππππππππ€ππ
ReplyDeleteReally well written .... And u are also improving day by day in writing and expressing your thoughts ....
Well done !! Keep writing !! ππππ
Thank you so much Ashvikaπ
DeleteYo Ashwika!
DeleteYour thoughtsππYou can turn out to be a good influencer. π
ReplyDeleteHaha!! Noted π
DeleteWriting and expressing yourself is very good. Keep up the good spirit darling! ☺
ReplyDeleteThanks babe!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written. From stars to battery cells and now pencils.... waiting eagerly for your next one
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked itπ
DeleteHi kunjal here the article is amazing . The way you give life to non living things oops! not non living but in fact there is something to learn from them as well which you have very well delineated from a pencil, eraser and sharpener. I sometimes wonder why others explain learnings in a sophisticated manner when we can just learn from things 'round us.
ReplyDeleteAfter your comment I feel successful in conveying my thoughts to you. π
DeleteLovely Anjika.. Praiseworthy!
ReplyDeleteTysmπ
DeleteNOICE
ReplyDeleteWhat should I conclude from this deepesh? π€£
DeleteIt was good
DeleteYour articles show your hard work along with smart work πkeep going.
ReplyDeleteSureπ
Deleteπππππ
ReplyDeleteπ
Deleteπ
ReplyDeleteLovely Blog! Now, this time I am superlate. Apologies. I wonder why am I so late to read such good blogs. Anjika, you are my new mentor now. Looking forward to many more amazing blogs from you.
ReplyDeleteHaha.. Thank you so much π
DeleteThat was so inspiring.....
ReplyDeleteAnd true
Waiting for your next one
Sure!! π
Delete