Dark Is Beautiful

"She was capable enough, 

To Love, 

To have a vision, 

To nurture a family, 

To carry galaxies in her eyes, 

But, 

Her skin was black."


Based on these lines, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine which made me think about the gravity of the issue.  


"Let’s scrub out that tan” is a common refrain in beauty parlours, where girls grow up with constant reminders that only fair skin is beautiful. Sentiments like, “She got lucky, he married her despite her 'dark' complexion” are still echoed in India. Children are complimented by relatives and friends for being the ‘fairer one’, in teenage and this bias keeps growing with age. The fairer you are, the more happiness you would get is the reality situation of the society.

But now,  think of shoes. Some people love classic black shoes, while others prefer crisp white ones. Both serve the same purpose, both protect and comfort your feet. You don’t choose a shoe based on its color but on how well it fits and supports you. So, why should we judge a person by their skin color instead of the content of their character? Just like with shoes, it’s what’s inside that really matters.

A Piano has both black and white keys. Alone, each key produces a simple sound, but together, they create beautiful music. If you ignore the black keys, the melody loses its depth and harmony. Just like in life, diversity is what creates a richer, more beautiful world. Discrimination limits the full potential of what could be.

After all, we don't look at the colour while choosing between dairy milk or milky bar, right?

Skin colour is a trait that a person is born with, and there are many types of colors that each unique individual may possess. Always remember, no matter which skin colour a person has, beneath it, they always bleed red. 

Friends are made by heart, and not skin colour because the heart never knows the colour of the skin. 

Let's join hands, and CELEBRATE SKIN COLOUR DIVERSITY



Comments

  1. Beautifully penned down..keep it upπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark is everyone's favourite, till we talk about the complexion. Very well written πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, let's celebrate skin colour diversity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the comparison you've drawn with chocolate !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully expressed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best articles I have ever read on skin colour. πŸ™Œ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well done. I really liked it 😊~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its so inspiring. Its beautifully described and its expressed amazingly❤️
    Waiting for more..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well written dear... It is an issue across our country, but it shouldn't be and I am glad, the way you presented your writing with proper logic it's appreciated dude, keep up the good workπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shwetambari, glad to hear this from another blogger. 😊

      Delete
  10. Proud of you Anjika!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just the way I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate!! Loved the article😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayy our choices match there!! Thanks 😊

      Delete
  13. Amazingly written Anjika! Very very true!!
    We all prefer dark...on everything except our skin....I love the way u have brought out this...keep it up gurl!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. World is filled with people without brains but skin is filled with feelings about others
    Think about what I said and do reply
    And for Anjika BHAI JINDAGI ME BOHOT SE DEMOCRATIC WRITERS KO DEKHA HAI BUT WHAT YOU DID I APPRICIATED ON ANOTHER LEVEL GREAT UP.
    And what is said above is for you too challenge accept to karna padega
    Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that was satisfactory enough 😊

      Delete
  15. I think that skin issue in regard to people demands a broader debate. It has a lot of reasons which the writing community need to research on! Anjika really glad to read your first blog after this time ~kunjal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another beautifully written blog Anjika! Skin color discrimination still exists in the society and I am glad how you've bought up the topic. It is a well expressed blog.
    Looking forward to more
    Love
    Payo

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's amazing how you touched such a deep topic with such elegance..😊

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job dude! Loved reading it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very beautifully put ..... it is such a great explanation on such a prominent discrimination which still goes but shouldn't..... simply awesome πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  20. anjika what can i say ..............after reading ur blogs i am always out of words. i hope u achieve ur dreams .it was really amazing .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Room Tour

A Rubik cube